A bar, most likely in Portland, Oregon, that is quiet. A subdued, minimal interior. An atmosphere that encourages intimate conversations. Perhaps even a decibel meter on the wall, to reinforce a sense of controlled volume. Ambient, sometimes generative music played at a low level. Acoustic tiling, if necessary.
Impeccable drinks. Perhaps a way to order without talking to the bartender, without discouraging the friendly social aspects of a bar. Discourage crowding around the bar, encourage table service. Maybe reservations only, like Bourbon & Branch and other speciality bars.
PS: Bars That Have Been Suggested As Similar To The Above
- Milk & Honey, NYC
- The Stumbling Monk, Seattle
- Please Don’t Tell (PDT), NYC
- M. Bar, Portland, OR — though this was disputed
- Secret Society, Portland, OR
- The Doheny, Los Angeles — apparently requires a wildly expensive annual membership fee